The Gold Plan is Travel Guard’s most popular plan and ideal for families. The Gold Plan offers a full suite of coverage benefits at a minimally higher premium than plans with limited benefits and includes:
- Optional Cancellation For Any Reason coverage!
- Trip Cancellation due to Work Reasons coverage included in base plan!
- Includes Trip Cancellation coverage due to involuntary job loss!
- Enhanced Emergency Evacuation benefits.
- Children age 17 and under covered at no additional cost! (Must be related to, and traveling with the primary insured)
- Optional Medical Evacuation to the hospital of your choice OR home! (with the purchase of Emergency Evacuation Upgrade)
Because unforeseen circumstances may arise, we strongly recommend you purchase this Gold plan. Coverage may be purchased any time up to 24 hours before departure.
The Gold plan includes the following coverage**:
**Insurance coverage subject to the limitations, exclusions, terms and conditions of the policy.
This is a brief outline of coverage – restrictions apply. For a complete list of covered reasons, please refer to the Certificate of Insurance or Policy. For questions regarding coverage, services or to file a claim please call 1.800.826.1300.
100% Trip Cost | Trip Cancellation: Reimburses forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments or deposits up to the Maximum Limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for Trips that are canceled prior to the scheduled departure date.
150% Trip Cost | Trip Interruption: Reimburses forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments or deposits up to the Maximum Limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for Trips that are interrupted after the scheduled departure date.
$750 | Trip Interruption – Return Air Only: Reimburses the additional airline transportation expenses incurred by you to reach the return destination for trip interruptions.
$750 | Trip Delay: Reimburses up to $150 per day/per person up to the Maximum Limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for reasonable additional expenses if the insured is delayed for more than 5 consecutive hours due to a covered reason.
$250 | Missed Connection: Reimburses up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits if Inclement Weather or Common Carrier causes cancellation or a delay of regularly scheduled airline flights for 3 or more hours to your point of departure.
$1,000 | Baggage & Personal Effects: Can reimburse you if your baggage or personal effects are lost, stolen or damaged while on your Trip, subject to the Maximum Benefit. This coverage is in excess of any other coverage or indemnity.
$300 | Baggage Delay: If your Baggage is delayed more than 12 hours, you can be reimbursed for the purchase of Necessary Personal Effects, subject to the Maximum Benefit.
$25,000 | Accident Sickness Medical Expense*: Pays up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for necessary medical expenses due to Injury or Sickness incurred while on a Trip. Initial treatment must be received during Trip. Pays for emergency dental expenses during the trip due to injury to sound, natural teeth while on the trip. Covers medical and surgical treatment by a licensed physician; professional nursing, hospital, x-ray and ambulance services during your Trip provided initial treatment was received during the trip.
$500,000 | Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains*: Covers evacuation and transportation as directed by a Physician to the nearest adequate medical facility (home in the event of death or if medically required). Pays for special medical escort if recommended in writing by the attending Physician.
$10,000 | Accidental Death & Dismemberment: Pays for loss of life or limb if it occurs within 365 days of an accident during your Trip.
Extra Coverages: (when coverage is purchased within 15 days of Initial Trip payment)
• Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver (Limitations apply)
• Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage due to Financial Default of an airline, cruise line, or tour operator. (Financial default is not covered for all suppliers. Please visit www.travelguard.com/customerservice/alertlist/ for details.)
• $250 additional Missed Connection
• $50,000 in Flight Guard® coverage
• Accident Sickness Medical Expense (Primary)
Optional Coverage: The following will be included if elected and appropriate costs have been paid.
• Medical Expense & Emergency Evacuation Upgrade: Valuable addition to increase your coverage limits. Your Medical Expense and Emergency Evacuation Benefits will double. Emergency Evacuation to the adequate licensed medical facility of the Insured’s choice and Bedside Visit is included. (Upgrade not available to VA residents).
• Car Rental Collision Coverage: $35,000 in primary coverage, subject to a $250 deductible. Covers physical damage to a rental car for which the car rental contract would hold you responsible. (Coverage is not available to residents of Kansas or Texas.)
• Cancel for Any Reason: The Company will reimburse 50% of nonrefundable expenses if you cancel your Trip for any reason, up to 48 hours prior to your departure. (Cancel for any Reason can only be purchased at the time the base plan is purchased and within 15 days of initial trip payment. Coverage must be purchased for the full cost of trip.)
• Flight Guard®: Coverage for accidental death or dismemberment that occurs when traveling on a regularly scheduled flight or charter, subject to the Maximum shown in the Schedule. Amount selected from the minimum of $100,000 up to a maximum of $500,000
Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion
The Company will not pay for any loss or expense incurred as the result of an Injury, Sickness or other condition of an Insured, Traveling Companion, Business Partner, or Family Member which, within the 180 day period immediately preceding and including the Insured’s coverage effective date: (a) first manifested itself, worsened or became acute or had symptoms which would have prompted a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; (b) for which care or treatment was given or recommended by a Physician; (c) required taking prescription drugs or medicines, unless the condition for which the drugs or medicines are taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription drugs or medicines.
PRE-EX EXCLUSION WAIVER
The Company will waive the pre-existing medical condition exclusion if the following conditions are met:
1. This plan is purchased within 15 days of making the Initial Trip Payment;
2. The amount of coverage purchased equals all prepaid, non-refundable payments or deposits applicable to the Trip at the time of purchase, and the cost of any subsequent arrangement(s) added to the same Trip are insured within 15 days of the date of payment or deposit for any subsequent Trip arrangement(s);
3. All Insured’s are medically able to travel when plan cost is paid.
All Assistance Services listed below are not insurance benefits and are not provided by the Company. Travel Guard provides assistance through coordination, negotiation, and consultation using an extensive network of worldwide partners. Expenses for goods and services provided by third parties are the responsibility of the traveler.
Travel Medical Assistance: A menu of services available for emergency medical requests, including prescription replacement assistance, physician referrals, medical evacuations, and more.
Worldwide Travel Assistance: Assistance with any travel emergency or request for general travel information, including lost, stolen or delayed baggage; replacing lost passport or travel documents; emergency cash transfers; pre-trip travel advice; inoculation information and more.
LiveTravel® Emergency Assistance: 24-hour hotline to make emergency travel changes, such as rebooking flights, hotel reservations, tracking lost luggage and more.
Concierge Services: Whatever you need, whenever, wherever you need it, you can call on your own personal assistant to help. Services include tee time reservations, restaurant referrals and reservations, wireless device assistance, sporting or theater tickets, and more.
Identity Theft (Not available to NY residents): If your identity is stolen during your Trip, our emergency travel counselors will assist in contacting your credit card companies, monitoring your credit report and working with local authorities to help you restore your identity.
Business Assistant: You’ll also have access to an array of services to help make short work of your business obligations, so you can enjoy your vacation.
Personal Security Assistance: Assistance to help maintain personal safety and personal information while traveling. Services include evacuation assistance, 24/7 access to security and safety advisories and more.
* Trip must be overnight and Destination must be at least 100 miles from the Insured’s Primary Residence.
**Non-insurance services provided by Travel Guard.
Coverage due to cruise line, airline, or tour operator default. (Financial default is not covered for all suppliers.)
Coverage if pre-existing medical conditions force you to cancel or interrupt a trip. Applies to the first $30,000 of trip cost per person. (Limitations apply.)
The Insurer will waive the pre-existing medical condition exclusion up to a maximum of the first $30,000 of Trip Cost per person if the following conditions are met:
- This plan is purchased within 15 days of making the Initial Trip Payment;
- The amount of coverage purchased equals all prepaid, non-refundable payments or deposits applicable to the Trip at the time of purchase, and the cost of any subsequent arrangement(s) added to the same Trip are insured within 15 days of the date of payment or deposit for any subsequent Trip arrangement(s);
- All Insured’s are medically able to travel when plan cost is paid. Missed Connection Benefit increase to $500.
$50,000 in Flight Guard® (This coverage is added to any additional Flight Guard that is purchased.)