Are you going to be traveling out of the country? If so, it is important to take your health into account before you leave. Many foreign countries have a high prevalence of diseases that can be easily prevented with the right vaccinations. HealthSmart Vaccines of Chantilly, VA, administers common vaccines for illnesses like influenza, but they also carry many travel vaccines for those who venture outside of the U.S.
If you are traveling to any of the following places, it is highly recommended that you receive vaccinations for certain diseases:
- Africa & Sub-Saharan Africa: Hepatitis A and B, Typhoid Fever, and Meningococcal Meningitis
- Central America: Hepatitis A and B and Typhoid Fever
- China: Hepatitis A and B
- Greenland: Hepatitis A and B
- India: Hepatitis A and B, Typhoid, consider Japanese Encephalitis for travel to rural areas, planning an extended stay, and the time of year.
- South America: Hepatitis A and B, Typhoid Fever, and Yellow Fever
- South Asia: Hepatitis A and B, Typhoid Fever, Polio, and Japanese Encephalitis
- South Pacific: Hepatitis A and B and Typhoid Fever
Don’t let this list scare you; traveling is a rewarding and exciting opportunity. But it’s very important to be prepared for any and all possibilities when it comes to your health. Millions of people every year travel the world and expose themselves to vaccine-preventable diseases. Those at the highest risk of contracting one of these diseases include adventure travelers, scuba divers, backcountry hikers, and people who stay in hostels. Do not make yourself susceptible to a preventable illness—get vaccinated today.
For more information on vaccine-preventable diseases, to make an appointment for vaccinations, or for information on travel insurance, call HealthSmart Vaccines in Chantilly, VA, at (703) 961-0733.